Follow by Email

Monday, 17 March 2014

Inspired by vintage colours

I had a lovely day shopping for vintage clothes and dresses yesterday in Brighton with my daughter. We had such a lovely time. I bought two new dresses! A rare occurrence!

I'm often asked in interviews what inspires me and I find it hard to answer. But just walking through the streets of somewhere like Brighton or London is inspirational.

Look at these two colours together, I found them on a rail outside a vintage shop in Sydney Street. They work perfectly - light blue and pale orange - I'm definitely using that colour combination for my next design!


My two new dresses! Excited. The yellow one was irresistible, I love the colour. It's from Cos and a really good practical everyday dress. The other one was from a shop in the Laines somewhere in Brighton, I'm afraid I have no idea of what it's called! Can't wait to wear them.


1 comment:

Stins said...

What a lovely summer dresses!
And you are right: those two fresh colours go really well together... Shopping is good for all kinds of ideas ;-)
Love from Mirjam.