Follow by Email

Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Chocolate Roses

Here are some chocolate roses I made with my friend Besh the other night. These are for her friend's 40th birthday cake. She's going to cover the cake in an ganache and then pour white chocolate over the top and decorate with these roses. It's going to look gorgeous.

Did you know that I run workshops on how to make these roses? I usually teach how to make them using sugarpaste, but you can also make them with this modelling chocolate. The roses workshop also covers how to sugarpaste/fondant ice your cake. It really is a great skill and a lot of fun.

Can't wait to see the final cake - will post up a photo when she's finished. Perhaps I'll also give instructions on how to do it, or make an app!

3 comments:

moonstruckcreations said...

They look almost too good to eat (I did say almost!!)

Helenxx

Danette Bartelmay said...

Hello Nicki!
A dear friend of mine gave me a copy of your book "Cute and Easy Crocheted Baby Clothes" for my birthday in June. This is honestly the most beautiful crochet book I have ever seen. There is not one single pattern in it I do not absolutely LOVE! I have made one Ophelia Buggy Blanket and have another one half done. I am also just putting the second sleeve on the gorgeous Baby Shell Cardigan and have an order for another one. It is my goal to own ALL OF YOUR BOOKS now that I have found you :))) From now on, I am in love with all things Nicki Trench! And I am so delighted to find your blog! I posted pictures on my blog of my first Ophelia Blanket but have to put them back on as I have had some photo issues.
Thanks for all of your creative genious!
Love,
Danette

Nicki Trench said...

That is so kind, thank you!