Follow by Email

Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Life can be so exciting!

I went around the Brick Lane area of East London at the weekend - it's easy to get stuck in your own small existence and I had such a great time soaking up all the energy of this place. I only had my iphone so the pictures aren't that good but I thought I'd give you a little taster. The best shop by far was called The Shop in Cheshire Street, E2 6ED. A vintage shop with so many textiles and fantastic things - I could have spent all day in there. The lady who runs it has been there fore 16 years and is a former window dresser and you can really tell - she has displayed everything perfectly. It's worth visiting this area just for this shop alone, but there are dozens like it. Open Monday to Saturday 11am to 6pm and Sunday 9.30am to 5pm. 0207 7395631.

Here are a few pics of my afternoon...

Fixie Bikes...I want one!

Old maps were everywhere, seem very popular ...
Lovely fabrics and styling ...
Vintage aprons...
Vintage everything else...

My poor friends waiting patiently for me to come out of yet another shop!
Happy, drinking a Moroccan coffee ...

Turbans seem everywhere ...

2 comments:

♥ the quiet homemaker said...

Hi Nicki, I just wanted to say hello! My sweet hubby has bought me your Cute and Easy Crochet book for Christmas, but I'm not allowed to read it yet. Can't wait for Christmas morning! :) Off to read more of your fab blog! love, Tina x

Nicki said...

Lovely to see you here. Hope you enjoy the book at Christmas! x