Follow by Email

Sunday, 16 May 2010

News


I can't believe it's been so long since I blogged. I've been very bogged down this last two weeks. I've had a really horrible cough and cold which seems to have really set me back. I'm also trying to get ready for my move which is looming ahead too quickly.

I'm aiming to get the new Studio up and going for the first workshop there on the 3rd July. I'll be moving out of my house on or around the 22nd June. With very little space to store things, I'm having a slight stress.

Lucky that I've been commissioned to write another crochet book, so I can relax into making things and distracting myself away from packing boxes and visits to the tip. I'm very excited about this book. It's aimed at beginners, but instead of those boring beginner-type projects, I'm going to design some really lovely pretty things that are easy and achieveable for everyone. I'll be able to put a few snippets and photos up on the blog periodically, but I'm afraid I can't reveal the whole projects until the book has been published.

The 201 Knitted Projects & Ideas has gone to press now, so that's all done and dusted and just waiting for it to be released sometime in October.

I took these photos of Camilla this week...... This is for a shawl pattern that you can buy from Laughing Hens. It's actually really nice to wear, I don't often wear knitted shawls, but I love this one. It was made by Jeni from Fyberspates. Check out her website, she sells gorgeous hand-dyed yarns and has a fabulous eye for colour.

I promise to try and blog more and keep you all up to date with what's happened with the Studio.

No comments: