Follow by Email

Friday, 30 April 2010

A few of my favourite things.....

One of my most favourite parts of the design process is getting the pattern together so that it works and assembling the colours. The colours are my favourite thing and I almost get obsessed with it until it's just right.

Here is my latest obsession this week. I'm designing a new crochet blanket and I'm really excited about this one, it's my favourite so far. I've chosen bright colours with dramatic black as a back drop. I've called it Flamenco because the colours remind me of Spain. I'm using Cascade wool, a newly discovered wool for me. A good price at £4.99 for 100g from Laughing Hens and a really lovely palette to chose from. Let me know what you think.....

4 comments:

Emma Lightfoot said...

Gorgeous. I love the black background.
See you on the 22! Emma x

Vera Amos said...

The black make the colours 'pop out',and yes very tuscan can't wait to see the finished result.

Amy said...

Hi Nicki - just stopping by your blog after crocheting some lovely little characters from super cute crochet - I'm getting so many cute presents made... thanks. Love the panels for the blanket. Great colours.

Ann said...

The squares are gorgeous Nicki and yes, do remind me of something Spanish - especially those Flamenco dolls brought back as souvenirs years ago! Cascade sounds very interesting and I'll be visiting Laughing Hens to investigate.