Follow by Email

Thursday, 4 February 2010

Tip of the Day - Blocking


I didn't ever used to block - was too lazy. But I always block now. It makes your knitted piece so much easier to handle, easier to sew up, you can put it back into the right shape - and the pins look pretty!

Instructions:
Find an old blanket or use an iron board as your base
place the knitted piece on top
Pin and shape it
Use a steam iron and steam the knitting over the top without touching it with the iron
Leave until it has dried naturally, overnight if possible

1 comment:

lynnekovan said...

Hi Nicki,
I love what you are doing with your blog! I am a slob when it comes to blocking, even though I do believe I learned how very important it is to do on one of your courses! The pictures are helpful and I will try to do better! Hope everything is working out well for you. Love,
Lynne