Follow by Email

Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Bunting made

Christmas bunting is made ready to demonstrate to my Beginner's Sewing class at Acres: how to attach edging and bias binding. This picture didn't come out that well because it's raining and is a very dull day and I still haven't really got to grips with how my camera works.

I decided not to go typically Christmas in this design, I just chose fabrics that were red and green and that were pretty. So, I've used a combination of floral, spots and tartan. I bought the fabrics from The Patchwork Dog & Basket in Lewes. They're mainly Fat Quarters. I'm going to try and make a patchwork curtain to jolly up my bedroom, so will be searching for some good fabrics, if anyone has any tips on where I can buy some?

My aim is to get all my unfinished projects done in the next couple of days so I can free up my time to work on my next book which is about knitting. It's a bit of a mammoth book, but should be good and trying to think of some lovely projects for it.

No comments: