Follow by Email

Monday, 10 August 2009

Drying Onions

My onions have been drying out for a week and I strung them up yesterday. They look brilliant and I've found a very easy way of doing it. I've written it up for a step by step instruction for my new book, so not able to publish it here, but David is coming over to photograph them tomorrow and I will post a picture up.

I planted a whole bed of onions this year because I use so many of them in my cooking. It's one of the most satisfying parts of gardening to string the onions up ready for use for the rest of the year.

I also cooked the most delicious meal last night using all the cherry tomatoes picked fresh from the greenhouse. They are completely bursting with flavour and I added all of my home-grown produce: basil, garlic, onions - fried up a little olive oil, served with pasta and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. It was bursting with flavour and the best meal I've had for ages.

No comments: