Follow by Email

Tuesday, 18 August 2009

Apples

I have such a tight deadline at the moment - I've been writing about vegetables, herbs, fruits, how to store produce, bee keeping, goats and pigs and so much more. Still to go are all the intros and then on to the recipes and soap.

I had to wrap loads of apples for the storage photography, so now I have so many apples, I don't know what to do with them. Of course you're only supposed to wrap up perfect apples, but for the purposes of the photos we just just wrapped up what we could (with the help of neighbour's children, Indy and Jamie). So now I truley have a glut of apples. I spent last night making Spiced Apple and Walnut Chutney, which is absolutely delicious but it doesn't seem to have made any dip in the apples, they're taking over the house!

On top of that I also have a glut of plums. I've made some Plum Sauce, but there are still branches full of them. Working, working, working all day, so the only time to do it is in the evenings (late evenings!).

Plum Sauce recipe will be in the new book, but not the Spiced Apple Chutney.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apple and walnut chutney sounds absolutely delicios - did you follow a recipe?
Karen