Follow by Email

Friday, 17 July 2009

Soil

I have been forced to look at soil the last few days. The deadlines and strains of working on a book sometimes force you to look at things you wouldn't usually think about. I've realised that I take for granted the soil in which I grow my vegetables. I certainly don't treat it with the healthy respect it deserves and have a rather sloppy attitude to growing: throw in the seeds and hope for the best. I've taken three days to write just a couple of pages on soil - much of the time being broken up with distractions on selling my house and teenage angst about getting (or not getting) a job throughout the summer before the onset of university.

I am now determined to look after my soil, which in turn will look after my vegetables which in turn then looks after me and my family.

No comments: